POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Lights - Wow! : Re: Lights - Wow! Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:27:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lights - Wow!
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 25 Aug 2004 10:27:49
Message: <Xns9550A7D16A272raf256com@203.29.75.35>
voi### [at] devnull news:412c9f67@news.povray.org

> As you move further away from the light source, the light is spread over
> a greater area. Since area is the square of length, it should indeed by
> fade_power 2.

Yes, indeed - this is correct.

AFAIK even after manualy adding fade_power 2 to evey light_source it still
will not solve problem - since diffused rays (in radiosity calculations)
and direct media rays (radiosiy from ambient-media) as well as photons will
not fade that way...? Or perhaps radiosity is behaving as fade_power 2 by
default - because of way how rays are shooted? Hmm I must check that...

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/